Published on : 15 June 20203 min reading time
This weekend, you really want to make a great dessert. Only one condition: you can’t spend 4 hours in the kitchen. Nice as we are, we’ll let you discover a great recipe for pear-almond pie. Do you know it?
When winter comes, we love to eat a small piece of cake accompanied by a hot coffee or tea, nice and warm on our sofa. Okay, let’s confess: it’s a bit of a cliché. But still, in winter as in summer, we love pies, and right now it’s pear season. All the more reason to enjoy a pear-almond pie…
In addition to being delicious, the almond and pear tart is also very quick to make.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for 8 persons
- 1 puff pastry, shortbread or shortcrust pastry
- 100g of butter
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g almond powder
- A can of pear in syrup, canned or homemade
- Some bitter almond extracts
- The pear-almond tart, the ideal dessert in winter!
Are you ready? Let’s cook!
- Preheat the oven
- Preheat your oven to 175° C so that it is ready to bake when you have finished your pie. The goal is to eat it still warm, and it’s good timing, we know you’re greedy and impatient.
- Preparation of the dough
- Spread your puff pastry (shortbread or shortcrust according to your preferences) in the bottom of a pie tin that you have buttered and floured. You can also place a sheet of baking paper but the dish will be less attractive to serve.
- Prick the dough with a few strokes of a fork.
Making the almond cream
- Work your butter after first taking it out of the fridge and mix it with a spatula until you obtain a butter that has the consistency of an ointment!
- Add the sugar and beat vigorously to mix the preparation well.
- Then add the almond powder and continue mixing.
- When you start to get a nice texture, you can add your eggs and 3 or 4 drops of bitter almond extract. All you have to do is mix: your almond cream is ready!
- Take your pie tin and arrange your pears cut in half in the direction of the height. To make a nice presentation, arrange them in circles so that they make a kind of flower.
- Then cover your pears with your almond cream and put the dish in the oven. Leave to cook for 40 minutes and if you feel like it, you can always scrape the bowl to make you wait!
- Enjoy your warm pear-almond tart!
Our little extra
- You can fry slivered almonds in a pan over very low heat. Place them on top of your pie once out of the oven. A small decorative effect guaranteed!
- What to drink with a pear-almond tart?
- For lovers of good wines, a sweet white or a sparkling white goes very well with this tart.
- For tea connoisseurs, a black tea will enhance the taste of your pie. You can choose it plain or flavoured with almonds for those who are fans of it!
Have you already tested this pear and almond tart recipe?