Published on : 15 June 20202 min reading time
Are you looking for an idea for a summer entrance that is easy to make? We now offer you the chance to try savoury toast with tomato and mozzarella cheese. Follow the guide!
After offering you quite a few desserts this summer, the team thought that a small panel of savoury recipes would be welcome. When we work, we sometimes find it difficult to renew ourselves and we always cook the same thing. For tonight, we suggest you try a very easy recipe: the tomato and mozzarella toast.
Preparation : 20 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 1 small baguette (or another type of bread)
- 1 tomato
- 1 scoop of mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 20 cl milk
- olive oil
- oregano and/or basil
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- Baking dish
- Soup plate
Ready? Let’s cook!
- Cut your baguette lengthwise and then cut several slices about 10 cm long.
- In a soup plate, mix the egg and milk. Then add the tomato paste, dried herbs, salt and pepper to the mixture. Dip the bread slices in the mixture, turning them several times to make sure they are completely soaked.
- Cut your tomato and mozzarella balls into slices and preheat your oven to 180° C.
- Arrange the slices of bread in a baking dish and cover them alternately with the tomato and mozzarella slices. Sprinkle with oregano and basil and sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil.
- Put your dish in the oven for a few minutes until the mozzarella melts. You can also lightly toast them in a frying pan after they have been in the oven. Decorate the plate with a basil leaf and it’s ready!