How do we proceed?
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Time in centrifuge: 5 minutes
Ingredients for a green smoothie
Ingredients needed for 2 people:
- 1 raw beetroot
- 2 carrots
- 1 handful of spinach
- For a touch of sweetness, you can add apples.
Utensils to prepare the recipe:
- A knife
- A centrifuge / blender
- One spoon
- A big glass
Ready? Let’s cook!
- First clean the vegetables: beetroot, carrot and spinach.
- Then peel and chop the beetroot and carrots.
- Then put all your ingredients in the centrifuge.
- The juice is ready when you get a more or less homogeneous rendering.
- Shake it, and drink it!
- Beetroot, carrot and spinach smoothie
Tips: Don’t cut the spinach tails in advance to avoid losing their flavour.
Although red beets are not a seasonal product, apples, spinach and carrots are. Together they form a combo of shock for your taste buds and your health.
Let’s start with beetroot, a vegetable rich in betanin which helps in the prevention of skin, liver and lung cancer, and is rich in minerals and vitamins. It also has a strong antioxidant power. Carrots are rich in provitamin A (carotene) which helps to maintain a beautiful complexion and are abundant in fiber. Finally, spinach is popular for its high iron content and anti-anemic properties.